Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Don't you own an iron?

 

Vogue's photo not mine

Oh c'mon, this is VOGUE for goshsakes
https://somethingdelightful.com/v1789

I promised myself I would not do this again, but I have been seeing more and more of this 'handy hands at home' finishing on pattern photos, and WHY
WHY do you think this is going to sell your pattern to me?
If YOU can't finish it nicely, WHO can?


Misses' pants, high waisted, very loose-fitting through hip, have waist facings with boning, pleats, side seam pockets, invisible back zipper. B: hem band.

I have never pretended to be any more than handy homemades. I tend to rush at the end and skip nice finishing, at least for myself. I can do a super nice job if someone hands me money.
For myself, not so much.

This does not make me think I am going to be able to get better results than they did. Or if that hem and the stuff going on at the top of the waistband is intentional, well... that's a choice.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. That is SO BAD! "We are not inspired"

    I have another good sewing term for you, courtesy of my college fashion sophomore year sewing instructor, Mrs. Mitchell: To Mother. Mothering is when one over handles something and it gets kind of puffy and sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.