Tuesday, April 17, 2018

ATATAC Now that I have pattern pieces, what am I supposed to do with this thing? post two

I have a lot of pattern pieces. And free time.


Guess I have a book to read
http://atacac.com/book/index.php#index

Click on the internal links: this 'digital' book is a treasure trove of information.

http://atacac.com/book/chapter2-5.php
If you go through the entire chapter, you will have pretty much name checked every flat pattern designer who doesn't work for SimMcVogerick (will work out a good name for the Big One sooner or later). 

And to quote verbatim: 
"A common denominator between these cutters is that they emphasize the pattern, itself, as a tool for creation. By experimentation and transformation of patterns, either through block patterns or other shapes, they find new shapes and ways of designing for the body. As Roberts (2008) notes, one problem that may arise is that the garments may end up as walking patterns that have little to do with the body wearing it." 
(chapter two, page five, bottom of the page)

The Demented Fairy can vouch for that one
https://thedementedfairy.wordpress.com/2018/02/26/a-subtraction-addition-but-not-yet/

How to wear, how not to wear?
So will I get something I can assemble, and even more fabulous thinking: alter to fit me?




2 comments:

  1. huh? too complex for me. I'll wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see. I have paying work in the queue.....

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.