Thursday, April 19, 2018

ATATAC Paper Doll Preview. post three

if ya click on the photos, they get bigger. Or you can slide on by.
Continued.

I have made the spiral shirt from CFPD, so I think I know how this is going to work.
https://www.centerforpatterndesign.com/patterns-1/cb-spiral-blouse

Because of all this, the sleeves make a certain level of sense to me out of the box.
And look at this striped version. The stripes run vertically. They are horizontal on the sleeve, and you can see a curved seam on the bicep, left of the pocket.


This is the time for the tiny paper model.
Copy

Print

Cut out

Add grain lines

Start goofing around.
Where is the neckline? Make that look like a neckline

And use the marked pockets as guideposts

Folding

The seam goes around forming the armscye

Which will keep winding to make a sleeve tube

With a really high armhole. Which is good for mobility (remember those flamenco sleeves?)
Your flexibility is going to come with your fabric choice I believe

And it works

Paper is not very flexible

One side folded, one side flat
Marked up the match points
and put them on the copy in the computer.

I love Paint. Don't take it from me, Microsoft!

So it will work. The front placket area looks to be a little less than the model shows (it barely touches). So I will do a little more goofing around with paper. And then a slightly larger fabric model. I'd really rather fiddle around with dinky seams and tape than scale up too early and curse the time I'd wasted.
And then there's that 'can I size it up?' issue.

But that's another day.
Further!


3 comments:

  1. A glutton for punishment. What about a tent dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the honest term for the stuff I wear all summer. Variations on the same theme.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.